Contact for price
Song Xanh Sampan – A unique authentic private Sampan!
Song Xanh Sampans are designed for travelers who are looking for Private Cruise experiences in the Mekong Delta. Five very unique and authentic Sampans are fully equipped with beautiful bamboo and rattan furniture to create a very charming atmosphere. Operated as private charter cruises for individuals, couples and families with children, each sampan will carry a charming rowing boat (“Xuong”), nicely designed for a deep exploration of the delta through numerous small canals and arroyos along the journey.
Your trip starts from Phu An Jetty at 10:00 am. Hop on a bicycle to better explore this wonderfully rural area, ending up at Le Longanier Restaurant. Lunch is served in this exquisite colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river. After lunch, board the Song Xanh Sampan for a leisurely cruise on the busy waterways of the Mekong Delta, with stops along the way to visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts.
Before arriving in Sa Dec, stop to visit a traditional brick factory where everything is made by hand. Arriving in Sa Dec, step ashore and take a stroll to a lively outdoor market. Visit the historic house of the real-life character in the acclaimed novel and film “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras. A candlelit dinner awaits at this dramatic house. Enjoy your first night on board your sampan as it moors on the Mekong River.
Breakfast is served on board as you cruise towards Long Xuyen along narrow canals past several rustic monkey bridges and pristine countryside scenes.
After enjoying lunch on board, arrive in Long Xuyen to visit Tiger Island, birthplace of Vietnam’s second president. Return to the sampan for dinner and resume your cruise towards Rach Gia. Enjoy your second night on board.
Arrive in Rach Gia at around 7:00 am, the capital of Kien Giang Province, located on the coast of the Gulf of Thailand. Breakfast is served on board before disembarkation. For travelers traveling early to Phu Quoc, we can serve breakfast as early as 6:00 am.
*Note: Actual itinerary may vary depending upon river tide, arrival time or other conditions
Prices are in USD, per person.
|Hotel / Group||2 guests||3~4 guests||5~6 guests||7~8 guests||9~12 guests||Single surcharge|
• Private 3-day cruise with overnight aboard Song Xanh Sampan
• 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner on board
• 1 lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant
• 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at an ancient house
• Sightseeing fees included in above itinerary
• Bicycles and local rowboat rides
• Cold towels, seasonal fruit and hot tea
• English-speaking tour guide
• Crew assistance
• Road transportation (before and after cruise)
• Individual travel insurance
• Beverages and meals not included in the program
• Personal expenses during the trip
• Tips for the crew and guide
• Any expense not clearly indicated in above program
I am interested in the tour itinerary and looking to ask about or change some aspects.