Contact for price
On this trip, travelers will get to cruise along Mekong Delta, visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts. Before arriving in Sa Dec, stop to visit a traditiona brick factory where everything is made by hand. Visit the historic house of the real-life character in the acclaimed novel and film “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras, and the famous Cai Rang Floating Market.
Meet us at Phu An Jetty at 10am and start with a bicycle ride around this rural area, ending up at Le Longanier Restaurant. Lunch is served in this exquisite colonial-style villa set in a lush tropical garden by the river. After lunch, board the Song Xanh Sampan for a leisurely cruise on the busy waterways of the Mekong Delta, with stops along the way to visit local cottage industries that utilize products from the Delta like rice and coconuts. Before arriving in Sa Dec, stop to visit a traditiona brick factory where everything is made by hand. Dinner is served on board. Enjoy your first night on board your sampan as it moors on the Mekong River.
After breakfast on board, step ashore and take a stroll to a lively outdoor market. Visit the historic house of the real-life character in the acclaimed novel and film “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras.
Back on board, cruise towards Can Tho along narrow canals passing several monkey bridges. Lunch is served on board before another shore excursion to a Cao Dai temple.
Board a small rowing sampan to further explore the small armlets of the river. Your last stop before sunset is at an ancient house dating back to the 19th century where a dramatic candlelit dinner will be served. After dinner, return to the Song Xanh as it continues its cruise towards Can Tho. Overnight on board.
We set off early at about 6:30 am to visit the famous Cai Rang Floating Market. Breakfast is served on board while the Song Xanh navigates towards the market among local barges laden with fruit and vegetables. Be sure to have your camera ready for photos from this unique vantage point! Later on, cruise towards Victoria Can Tho and disembark at the hotel’s private jetty.
*Note: Actual itinerary may vary depending upon river tide, arrival time or other conditions.
• Private 3-day cruise with overnight aboard Song Xanh Sampan
• 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner served on board
• 1 lunch at Le Longanier Restaurant
• 1 candlelit dinner including a bottle of wine for 2 persons at an ancient house
• Sightseeing fees included in above itinerary
• Bicycles and local rowboat rides
• Cold towels, seasonal fruit and hot tea
• English-speaking tour guide
• Crew assistance
• Road transportation (before and after cruise)
• Individual travel insurance
• Beverages and meals not included in the program
• Personal expenses during the trip
• Tips for the crew and guide
• Any expense not clearly indicated in above program
I am interested in the tour itinerary and looking to ask about or change some aspects.